Your 419 EMail Roundup

| | Comments (2)
For your entertainment and amusement (along with a valuable helping of "what not to reply to"), here is another selection of recent 419 mails currently in circulation. Lots of winning lottery tickets, missing gold bullion, unclaimed African thrones and other random nonsense after the jump...
Subject:
PART-TIME JOB OFFER
From:
Mr Kelvin Stone <kelvinstone5@earthlink.net>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 03:06:16 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
BCC:

PART-TIME JOB OFFER
Good Day ,

I'm Mr, Kelvin Stone; I represent Rare Earth Interactive Design. . . We are one of the fastest growing software company based in Birmingham UK (UNITED KINGDOM). We design computer components and other related software products. At Rare Earth we specialize in exporting quality products at relatively low prices. But due to our ever-increasing customer base in US/Canada and Asia, we at Rare Earth are searching for representatives to assist us in establishing a medium to connect to our costumers more efficiently in US/Canada/Asia Region.

JOB TASKS
If you choose to join Rare Earth as a representative, your basic task will consist of checking emails, processing orders and receiving payments from our customers on behalf of Rare Earth though basically payments are often made out on Money Orders, Certified Cashiers Check or a Personal Check, Some times Credit Card.

MAIN REQUIREMENT
*18 years or older,
*legally capable,
*Responsible,
*Ready to work 3-4 hours per week.,
*With PC knowledge,
*E-mail and internet experience (minimal),
*We are not requesting for your Bank information's, SSN or any other personal information from you, as what we need is a proof of seriousness.

WHAT YOU EARN
Note that for every transaction processed, you will receive 10% of the total amount. Rare Earth product price range starts at $4999.50. At 10% you are guaranteed a minimum of $450 per order. We guarantee that you can start making money as early as in 2 weeks once your job has been approved, and you don't need to invest your money, just your spare time to process orders via email Please fill or email the following information inside the employment application form in order for us to facilitate the conclusion of this proposal if accepted.

EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM
First Name __________________Middle Name_______________ Last
Residential Address_____________________________
City ____________________State ________ __________Zip _____________
Home /Work Telephone Number______________________
Personal cell phone Number______________________
Gender ____________ Marital Status ____________________
Age _____________ Nationality ________________________
Present Work___________________________

Are you a U.S.A citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the U.S._________

Please note: Only interested applicants should respond to this offer.
We understand that this job position is very challenging and you should understand it. We are looking only for persons who satisfy our requirements and will be an honest assistant.
If you feel that you are a serious, trust-worthy and honest person and you want to work for Rare Earth Interactive Design, Please respond immediately with the requested above information.

Yours Truly.

Mr.Kelvin Stone
Marketing Executive .
+44-703-183 4345

More on this fake (which relies on you dialing a number that makes the scammers a small fortune) here.

*********************************************************************************************************

Subject:
I AWAIT YOUR URGENT RESPONSE!!!
From:
"Maureen Haughey" <mhaughey64@yahoo.co.uk>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 02:59:20 -0700 (PDT)
BCC:

Dear Friend,

I am Maureen Haughey, widow of former Taoiseach of the Republic of
Ireland, Charles J. Haughey and daughter of former Taoiseach of the
Republic of Ireland and heir to de Valera, Sean F. Lemass.

The Press has written a lot about unresolved mysteries and corruption
surrounding Charles's dealings, but I tell you something, my Charlie was a
good man. He was human and he did whatever he did. People marvel why I
stuck with Charlie and didn't speak during the mess that came with the
exposure of his affairs with Terry Keane (I just hate to think of her). I
had to stand by him through the tribunal times.... lt was to do with what
I'm doing now. No one knew the details of all Charlie's financial dealings
but me. I remain the only one who knows all who got loans from Charlie and
didn't come back to pay when he was disgraced. I am the only one who knows
about these monies and the other Ansbacher accounts.

I write to you, an old weary woman, sick and almost tired of living. My
end is near but I will not depart until my final mission is accomplished
and I also write this with an unshaken belief in the power of aspirations
and dreams of a human being. The Irish government thinks it can shave and
reduce me to a poor widow but I have the winning ace. A few years ago,
when we weren't sure if my Charlie would be convicted, he kept some money
in trust for me in a Security and Finance company. He did not open the
account in our names so it will not be traced to us to enable the past
remain the past. The name on the account is Cedric de Vregille. I never
thought Charlie would leave me so soon and it never occurred to me to ask
if this name were fictitious or not or a name of any of his friends. I
have tried to find this man but to no avail. The amount he deposited in
this name is ?30,000,000 (Thirty Million Euros). I want an honest person
to come forward and lay claims to this amount, moreover to use the funds
as instructed by me. I have all the documents needed, I just need a face
for the name.

I have mapped out 10% of the funds for you, as you will help us (you and
I) execute this job. As soon as I receive your acceptance for this work I
shall give you necessary details of my solicitor who will facilitate the
release of the funds in your name.Please reply me via my personal
email:(mhaughey53@googlemail.com)

For my security and the sake of letting sleeping dogs lie, I strongly
advice that you keep our dealings confidential. You can read more about my
Charlie from:

Thank You.
Mrs. Maureen Haughey

Ooh, weblinks provided as "evidence". It HAS to be real!

Subject:
SENATE COMMITTEE ON FINANCE
From:
"Richard"<info@weblogers.net>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:40:54 -0700
BCC:

OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR.
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
Tinubu square, Lagos- Nigeria.
Our ref: Cbn/Ohg/Oxd1/2008
Your ref: ...............................
Telex: Cenbank.
Payment file: Cbn/Ben/08.

PAYMENT NOTIFICATION OF YOUR FUNDS.

Attn: Beneficiary,

Hello. We have decided to bring to your attention, the fact that we have done everything necessary to make sure payments from the debt remittance account are made to the Bonafide Beneficiaries. I am informing you of an attempt by some men to collect your payment on your behalf. I had to ask them why they came to see me in person and they said that they came to collect your inheritance/contract funds payment sum of $7.5M which rightfully belongs to you as shown in your file with us, on your behalf and by your authorization.

However, I am writing you this email to find out from you if you actually sent them. Note that they actually tendered some vital documents which proved that you actually sent them to collect these funds. Below is the list of documents which they presented.

1) Letter of administration
2) Order to release
3) High court injunction

Due to the nature of my job, I cannot afford to make any mistake in releasing the funds to anyone except you who is the recognized and true beneficiary to these funds. I want to hear from you before I order the release of the funds to these men who claim to be your representatives because they will be back to my office next week. I decided to carry out this decision based on my work experience and this is a risk I cannot take because I have not heard anything from you.

Kindly direct your response to the private email address of my boss,Prof. Charles Soludo, the executive governor of the central bank of Nigeria Cbn, below for quicker deliberation and response from him on the release of your funds to you. Please remember to indicate your personal phone number he can reach you on in your response, also it is better you call him on his number immediately to let him know if you sent these people or he should stop the payment.+234 7028328347 please don,t fail to call him.

Email: rwalter001@sify.com

Note that for security reasons you have been assigned a code/password which is {TT7270CBN}, please note that this code is the reference number for your transfer and it's being disclosed to you alone, guard this jealously and all your email response should carry this code as the subject.

Yours faithfully,

Dr Richard Walter.

Secretary.
To the Governor.
Central bank of Nigeria
Tinubu square, Lagos- Nigeria.

Ensure you don,t fail to call him : +234 7028328347

MICHAEL FAIZAL & PARTNERS
FLOOR C-20-5
JALAN BANYAN
80000 KUALA LUMPUR
MALAYSIA

Good Day,

I am michael faizal , an attorney at law. A deceased client of mine,
who hereinafter shall be referred to as my client, died as the result
of a heart-related condition on the 11 November 2001. His heart
conditionwas due to the death of all the members of his family in the Gulf
Air Flight crashes in Persian GulfNear Bahrain Aired August 23, 2000 -
2:50 p.m.ET as reported
on:http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0008/23/bn.08.html

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by
my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the
bank where this deposit valued at EIGHTEEN MILLION TWO HUNDRED
THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS. (18,200,000.00 USD).is lodged.
This bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin, or the
account will be confiscated.

My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the
next-of-kin,so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you.
Then we can sharethe amount on a mutually agreed-upon percentage.

All legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next-of-kin
will beprovided. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us
see this transaction through.

This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect
you from many breach of the law. If this business proposition offends
your moral values,do accept my apology.

I must use this opportunity to implore you to exercise the utmost
indulgence to keep this matter extraordinary confidential, whatever
your decision, while I await your prompt response. Please contact me
at once to indicate your interest.

Email: michael_faizal@rediffmail.com

Best regards,

Barrister Michael Faizal
(Attorney at Law)

Subject:
REGARDS!!
From:
"vickyrm@euskalnet.net" <vickyrm@euskalnet.net>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:18:58 +0100
BCC:

Dear Friend,
   May I Apologise for intruding into your privacy. My Name is Mr Oluremi George Citizen of Nigeria Working for The Diamond Bank Of Nigeria Plc.I
have a Business proposition for you involving a huge sum of money(Eighteen Million United State Dollers) Belonging to one my client who died long time ago(May His Gentle Soul Rest In Peace)I want to move the
funds out of my Bank but will need your help.

I decided to seek for your permission before giving you the details. If you will be so kind enough to grant me the permission, I will be glad to give the details. Thank you for your time and I will be waiting for
your response. Please reply me back  via my private email at :oluremigeorge_private1@hotmail.com

Regards,
Mr Oluremi George
(External Auditor Accountant)

......working for a Diamond Bank? Someone needs to try a little harder with regards the plausibility of their scams, methinks.

Subject:
READY FOR DISPATCH,REST ASSURED.
From:
"Jesse Brown"<protocolofficericb@personal.ro>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:20:21 -0000
BCC:

DEAR FRIEND,

DISPATCHING OF YOUR ATM CARD VALUED SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS.

This bank has been authorized to release your interest over due fund valued Six Hundred Thousand United States Dollars,from the records of outstanding inheritance claim due for payment submitted
by the United Nations to our financial institution, your name is next on the list of the outstanding inheritance to be settled. I wish to inform you that your payment is being processed and will be released to
you as soon as you respond to this letter.
You can make use of the card,withdraw the money in any ATM MACHINE in any part of the world,worldwide location.
The Insurance fee and Clearance Certificate Fee have been paid for showing that the fund is free from money laundry or drug fund,what you have to pay is for the express delivery service fee of $95 USD,which is not deduct able as our policy stipulates.
We are very much obliged to notify you about the receipt of mandate to dispatch your ATM CARD valued Six Hundred Thousand United States Dollars ($ 600,000 USD) to you as soon as you pay the mandatory required delivery fee of $95 USD.

Reply immediately indicating your safe mailing address,direct telephone number and your full name in details to avoid programming to wrong beneficiary.

Your ATM CARD will be dispatched to you by our accredited Air line to your country within 48hrs safely to your door step.

Once again do not be decieved by any body to pay more than $95 USD,this is the only authorize official delivery fee.
As soon as you contact the office do provide all details and the only required fee of $95 USD.

Striving to serve you better.

Yours Faithfully
Jesse Brown
(ATM CARD DEPT.) Manager
Direct Line: +233-272828918.

NB:CALL ME IMMEDIATELY FOR MORE UPDATE INFORMATION.

...........what was I saying about plausibility? Oh my.

Subject:
Notification Letter.
From:
"vickyrm@euskalnet.net" <vickyrm@euskalnet.net>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:48:48 -0700
BCC:

ONLINE NOTIFICATION UNIT.
UK NATIONAL ONLINE LOTTERY (HOME OFFICE).
HOME OFFICE: 165 FULHAM PALACE ROAD
W6 8JB, UNITED KINGDOM.

REFERENCE NUMBER: UK/839030X2/14
BATCH NUMBER: 065/088/XY24
OUR REF: 12190/14
TICKET NUMBER: 112-4540-525-106
CASH PRIZE: ?480,152.00 GBP

Congratulations,

This email is to inform you that you have emerged a winner on our online draws which was played on the 14th of June, 2008. For further information about your winnings, do contact the fiduciary agent assigned to your file via email as indicated below.

Official (agent): Mr. Paul Dyer
Email: pauldyer_sweepstakes@hotmail.com

Note: You are required to quote your reference, batch and ticket numbers as given above in your email to your fiduciary agent.

Yours truly,
Sir. Stephen Smith
Group Co-ordinator

Subject:
( YOUR COMPENSATION FUND )
From:
"Femi Martins" <femi.martngn77@gmail.com>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:28:00 -0300 (BRT)
To:
undisclosed-recipients:;

Dear Friend,

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I hope this mail meets you in a perfect condition. I am using this  opportunity to thank you for your great effort to our unfinished  transfer of fund into your account due to one reason or the other best  known to you.But I want to inform you that I have successfully transferred the fund  out of my bank to someone else account who was capable of assisting me  in this great venture through the help of the diplomat i told you  about.Due to your effort, sincerity,courage and trustworthiness' you  showed at the course of the transaction I want to compensate you and  show my gratitude to you with the sum of $750,000,00.

I have authorized my new secretary who is now also my legal adviser to  issue you international certified bank cheque cashable at your bank.  My dear friend I will like you to contact my secretary for the collection of this international certified bank cheque.

The name and contact of my secretary is as follows:

CONTACT PERSON : MR SOLOMON IFEKWO
PHONE: +2348032523532
Email: solomon.ifekwo@gmail.com

At the moment, I'm very busy here because of the investment projects which I and my new partner are having at hand in London Uk.Finally, remember that I have forwarded instruction to him on your  behalf to send the bank cheque to you as soon as you contact him  without delay.Please I will like you to accept this token with good faith as this is from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks and God bless you and your family. Hope to hear from you soon.

Femi Martins

....well, would you look at that. It seems "Vicki" (at least that's what her email address says her name is, despite the fact that she seems to sign her emails with two or more different aliases) is not only responsible for African Diamond Banks but the UK Lottery as well!

Nice work if you can get it....

2 Comments

I have had some of these people get upset at me when I call there bluff one guy sent me an email saying he was "tired of this shet" of course I counld not let that mis spelling go by I had to correct it and send it back to him! Lets not leave out the phony check scam. They send you a counterfit check and you are to take what every amount out and send the rest Western Union to them or their contact. The one I loved was the one drawn on Wells Fargo Bank the Account holder was the "Bank Manager Wells Fargo Bank" in one state. While being drawn on a Wells Fargo Bank in California! I gave that one to my Local Wells Fargo Bank belive me it was Bad real bad looking!

Ok I need to admit I am a bad boy I have made up some yellow tags and have been sending them out to the scammers. Who want the yellow tag fee!
One other note the Western Union scam this is a new twist and not bad either a very good scams I have to give them credit on this one! You ge the email saying that you have been send some money via Western Union and they even will send you a Money control Number that is good now all you need is the answers to the security question. You are to send the required amount of money to the manager of the Western Union Office By Name of course in Some Africa Country and they will send you the answer to the question! I went to the Western union Web site via outside link and everything came back ok! The sender name and the money control number and amount was good! But I took it a step further and eamiled Western Union all the information and guess what the transfer did not have my name on it!